For every HR and Talent Acquisition specialist, job posting may be the first thing to do when a new recruitment case begins.
You may be looking for something new, and we surely introduce you a new solution as well. However, the existing major free job posting sites / platforms are still good to consider.
Before knowing about the new platform, let's learn the pros and cons of major 2 services; Indeed, Grabjobs and LinkedIn.
Free Job Posting Site 1: Indeed
- Job post is spread wide on the internet (including Google for Jobs)
- Takes long time to key-in the necessary information
- Candidate has a difficulty to find your post because of the mess among the random job ads
- Hard to attract candidates because of the plain JD design and Company Profile design
Think about the cons of this free job posting platform, you must check whether:
- Your offering salary range is higher than other job posts
- Your company has a strong brand within the market
Otherwise your post will be in the middle of crowd, and suitable candidates would have a difficulty to find your job post unfortunately.
Free Job Posting Site 2: LinkedIn
- JD Creation Wizard is helpful to open job posts smoothly
- Professionals are really there on LinkedIn platform
- The job ad is shown almost only within LinkedIn platform
- Entry to Middle level Malaysian job seekers are not registered or updating their information
If you are not sure whether the target candidates are on LinkedIn or not, you must identify where they are on LinkedIn, and must make further actions to spread your job information in the community.
The best way is using the paid function to post it on the target user's feed, but if you don't have any budget to do so, you need some ground works (e.g. tag people, build network, and keep posting).
Free Job Posting Site 3: GrabJobs
- Efficient platform
- Access to job opportunities from multiple job boards
- Instant live chat interview, Interview reminders, & engagement with employers
- Platform allows applying for jobs without CV; some employers may require this document at a later stage
- Need to click on search button after modifying filters for updated results
The best thing about GrabJobs is its efficiency; how it puts you in quick and direct contact with the employer or hiring manager through the job platform itself.
While multiple job opportunities from different job boards will show up on the screen, candidates will have to sieve through positions to find the right fit. Still, it's better to have more options than not.
Job Posting Site 4: Seekers Recruitment Service
Seekers is an innovative headhunting platform that adopts a referral marketing approach. We have a vast database of corporate candidates spanning various levels, from entry-level to senior management. Seekers primarily focuses on providing comprehensive recruitment services.
We offer three different services:
- Local recruitment services in Malaysia, catering to various positions such as Admin, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Mandarin Speaking, Japanese Speaking, and more!
- Global HR service that facilitates remote hiring without legal entity requirements.
- Hire Digital & Tech Talent service, specifically tailored to help employers secure top talent in the digital and tech sectors only.
If you require further information, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Also, feel free to visit our website at Recruitment Agency in Malaysia | Hire Talent for your organization - Seekers
Summary of Free Job Posting Sites in Malaysia
There are countless number of options for job posting, but unfortunately the expected result is basically worse than Indeed, GrabJobs or LinkedIn, so you may not have to consider other options.
In other words, if you would like to increase the probability to engage the talents, better to post on those 4 platforms, and make actions accordingly.
Hope this article helped you to kick-start your project, have a good one!
Specialist Recruitment Management Services in Malaysia
Seekers Malaysia is a results-driven, performance-based headhunting service that provides career consultancy, corporate support, and recruitment management services to help employers find and hire specialist talents across different digital and technological fields of expertise.
Our unique approach of combining technology with an extensive database of over 25,000 freelance recruiters allows us to quickly and efficiently identify and locate highly skilled and experienced professional talents best suited for your business goals and needs.