The eXpats Service Centre provided by MDEC is a one-stop center agency, established in 2007 to make ease of the Employment Pass process.
Apart from providing Employment Pass service to MSC and Non-MSC status ICT companies, eXpats Service offers additional services of Helpdesk, Emergency Hotline, and Consultancy.
Now, let's check out the Application Steps for MSC and Non-Msc ICT companies!
MSC Status Company Application
After the MSC status registration, the eXpats Service Centre will send an invitation email and other necessary documents for a company to fill up alongside the registration.
Now, for the next steps, your company can start the FKW Projection.
Steps 1: FKW Projection
For the FKW Projection, a company needs to fill details regarding the needs of hiring expatriates. This FKW Projection will be processed in 14 days period as below:
- FKW Projection Submission.
- Reviewing process by the FKW Committee.
- A Decision by the committee will be made.
Steps 2: Approval
During the FKW Application submission, the company will be informed in 7 days regarding the application status with the below scenario:
- FKW Application Submission & Online Payment.
- Verification Process of the application details & documents by MDEC.
- Decision Making by MDEC & Immigration.
- Approval or Rejection Letter is issued via eXpats system.
Steps 3: Endorsement
During this endorsement period, company will undergo this process:
1. Passport Submission - The applicant must obtain approval before entering Malaysia, and the company needs to prepare online payment for Immigration Fees. Once done, the company needs to submit an application Passport for the MDEC process.
2. A pass is Issued - Immigration will issue endorsement sticker attached with the passport.
3. Passport Collection - Company may collect the passport back from eXpats Service Center.
Non-MSC Status Company Application
For the Non-MSC company, several steps are required to hire the expatriate under the MDEC eXpats Service Centre:
Steps 1: Submission
Prior to eXpats services' subscription, the ICT companies must fulfill the following eligibility criteria and conditions:
For eligible applications, the ICT companies must register the company's detail and submit all relevant documentation here.
Plus, don't forget to refer to this Checklist Documents for Non-MSC Company!
Steps 2: Assessment
The eXpats Service Centre will assess the application and the documentation to verify the company registration. This process includes validating info on Company Profile and a site visit to the company premises.
The company shall be officially notified of the application result in one month. However, if the documentation is incomplete or further clarification is required, the assessment process may take longer.
So, take note and prepare a complete document!
Steps 3: Acceptance
Now your company may proceed with the FKW Projection and follows the below steps:
- FKW Projection
Contact Seekers now for Employment Pass/Other Immigration Service:
These procedures are from Immigration Department of Malaysia. There is a possibility of procedure changes by the MDEC.
Source by: eXpats Service Centre
How to get the latest HR News & Updates?
We Seekers have been developing a free tool called SRS (Seekers Recruitment System), which you can check the latest HR News on the dashboard.
Some of the key features for Seekers SRS:
- Free Job Posting (permanently)
- Candidate database access (1st month for free to use a scout function)
- Freelance Recruiter Boost (20,000 recruiter in Malaysia will find a talent for you)
- ATS (Application Tracking System)
- Company Introduction Builder
We hope our information helped, and SRS will do more for your future HR duties!