The Food Procurement Specialist is responsible to liaise with farmers and producers for supply fulfillment.
- Implements and maintains a cost effective, network-wide food purchasing program, while identifying new purchasing options and strategies that improve efficiencies.
- Uses inventory software to manage point balance and products needed to achieve distribution goals and ensure appropriate quality, quantity, and variety of product on inventory at all times.
- Monitors inventory daily to identify product to procure.
- Maintains forecasting and tracking tools for purchase programs to predict quality, efficiency, and demand and to project, track and document purchasing activities.
- Identifies, selects, bids and purchases from vendors to meet needs and optimize purchased product acquisition.
- Researches and develops strategies to meet fresh product goals and initiatives.
- Maintains documentation and reports on purchases and needs to support operational goals.
- Ensures food is procured in compliance with requirement.
Skills & Experiences
- Min 3 years fresh food procurement experience
- Fluent in Mandarin, English and Malay
- Excellent understanding of food warehousing, distribution, logistic, supply chain
- Ability to attend work functions outside of normal work hours, on weekends and evenings, as needed